Real Techniques Gel Brush Cleanser and Palette - REVIEW

10:59

First and foremost I am giving myself a huge pat on the back for getting another post up, the third post for 2016, I didn't expect to get one up at all, never mind three. Here's to a new year and all that milark. I have got a good year ahead of me already, first for everything, which means a good amount of stuff to blog about. That's good on my part, I don't know about you reading this, if anyone haha. Now, lets get into this post. As it very well clearly states in the post title, I am going to be reviewing the Real Techniques Gel Brush Cleanser and Palette.



I love love loveeeee the brand as it is, anyone who's anyone and into their makeup and pretty much almost every beauty guru blogger/vlogger on YouTube have used the brushes from this brand and have given high praise on them. I am not that advanced in makeup but I kinda in a way have a good enough knowledge on a good majority of things makeup and can say that these brushes are some of the best up there. I have used these brushes for a good few years now and can't really find one fault in them, that I can think of. What's also good about this brand is that it was created by blogger, YouTube vlogger and makeup artist Samantha Chapman aka Pixiwoo, along with her sister Nicola Haste (née Chapman). They have their own makeup studio and offer makeup courses, as part of their careers as makeup artists, which you can take upon yourself to look into/research if it interests you. As much as I'd like to continue this brief background of the company and the creator/s involved, I'll now get into the review haha.

When I first realized that these two products were a thing, I was instantly attracted and was transfixed into the whelm of absolutely having to have them. My mother offered to buy me them (thanks mother!!!) and I couldn't say no and I am absolutely grateful for her offering to get me them. She gets me and my ever growing obsession with anything makeup/beauty and a good majority of the time points out a product I may or may not have tried and either notifies me on it and sometimes offers to get it me, anyway, that's a different story, staying with this review. I'm forever on the hunt for a good cleaner for my brushes and some of the products I am dying to try are either a bit out of my price range (I'm a college student fgs, money can get tight sometimes being part time in a job) or it is an American brand product that you can't get here in the UK and to which I can't see myself paying the crazy import charges/tax. As this was available to me in the UK and I've seen it in shops, I was sold, I needed to try it.

(Source of image here)

I'll first start off with the palette (as seen in the image just above), I am amazed with the palette, its just perfect in my eyes. Its a perfect size and fits neatly within your hand and also has a strap thingy on the back so it stays put when you're using it and isn't falling all over the shop and letting the cleanser gel product get everywhere. On the palette itself it has various sized raised markings, which are in accordance to the size of makeup brushes and its clear as to which brush to use on which part. The small markings are for fairly small brushes ie. any form of eye brush really. The middle cross like markings are for slightly bigger brushes ie. face brushes like medium sized foundation brushes, concealer brushes to name a few. Finally the larger bump sized markers are for larger brushes like powder brushes, blush brushes of the like. That's what they're recommended for anyway but for any large brush, it would work more if you work the brush over each of the markings as some brushes are too big to work over the large sized markings. Over to the gel cleanser. 


I first saw this about a week or so before I actually noticed the palette and passed it numerous times in shops and was eager to try it and had high hopes considering how good the brushes are for me. But I was initially skeptical in trying it because some drugstore brush cleaners are pretty naff and didn't want to ruin the experience with the brushes side of the brand for me, but I bit the bullet and gave it a go (all thanks to my mum who bought it for me, including the palette). The reason for being a bit skeptical was because of what I was thinking what the smell would be like. I was scared it was going to smell too generic and strong, but I was proved so wrong. The product is of perfect strength of smell and doesn't leave a lasting aroma of sorts once you've fully cleaned your desired brushes and left them to dry.

Price?
Considering the new collection of Real Techniques brushes (Bold Metals - how pretty do the brushes look?) they are a little pricey and head towards the more high end price bracket but the cleanser itself is towards a more affordable price of £6.99 and £7.50 (£6.99 at Superdrug and £7.50 at Boots - the UK's equivalent to American/International drugstores) which is really quite inexpensive and the palette is priced at £12.99 (that's in Superdrug btw). Combining the prices it comes just under £20 at £19.98 (both products at Superdrug again btw) which is really good in price whereas if you was to invest in a high end brush cleanser, you'd be looking at a price well over £20. Plus Superdrug have an offer on currently so you get a bargain to, which is always a winner when something is on offer.

Overall verdict
The brush cleanser gel itself leaves a fresh lasting smell on the brushes, almost like the brush is brand new itself. There is almost no makeup product left on the brush, depending on how long you've had some brushes, some may be stained slightly, which tends to happen with brushes after a long period of time of use. Thumbs up from me. I've used the product on a couple of my brushes to try it out and so far so good, I love the product overall.

You Might Also Like

1 comments